The Urgent Care Center of Connecticut is looking for an experienced Medical Receptionist to schedule and check-in patients in a fast paced setting for the Urgent Care and a Private Practice on-site in Bloomfield CT. The successful candidate will report to the Office Manager and will support all office related activities. Approximately 29 hours a week.
Must be able to work the hours of Monday 2pm-8pm, Tuesday 8am-8pm, Wednesday 8pm-2pm, Thursdays OFF, and Friday 12pm-5pm, with the flexibility to work weekends or possible extra hours if coverage is needed for vacations and/or absenteeism. Please do NOT apply if you cannot work this schedule.
Qualifications for the Medical Front Office Receptionist:
- 1 year minimum experience as a medical receptionist (Urgent Care experience a plus)
- Strong computer and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Customer oriented communication skills.
- Experience with EPIC EMR system.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Bilingual – Spanish a plus
- Flexibility and dependability with schedule and work load
- Understanding of HIPAA Privacy Rules and ability to maintain confidentiality
Responsibilites for the Medical Front Office Receptionist:
- Answer multi-phone lines3691
- Checking in/out private practice and urgent care patients.
- Collecting patient and insurance information
- Collecting Co-pays and balances on accounts
- Performing prior authorizations for procedures and referrals
- Booking specialist appointments/Radiology appointments
- Booking future appointments for physicals and pre-ops & follow up appointments
- Faxing paperwork
- Giving Covid results
- Processing medical records using EPIC.
- Provide excellent and friendly customer service and support
- Work with medical staff/other projects as needed and directed by the Office Manager.
Pay: $17.00 per hour